My wedding packages start at 1,650 for basic wedding coverage. On average, with a second shooter and full coverage, the average wedding will cost between 2,300 and 3,000. All of our packages include a free engagement photoshoot, 8 Polaroid photos to take home at the end of the day, raw file storage, access to an online gallery of images, and a minimum of 600 photos delivered within three months of the wedding.
Elopement packages for a small, family-oriented ceremonies start at 750 for three hours of coverage, including a free engagement session!
The engagement photoshoot is the perfect opportunity for us to learn a bit more about each other before the wedding day! In my experience, these small photoshoots have been invaluable for us to get to know how we work together to create something beautiful. Within one month, you'll have 30 photos that we use to create a slideshow for the wedding reception and have a little something extra that you can use for the invitations.
The free engagement photoshoot includes one location in the Montreal area and two outfits, but we can always travel a little bit further for an additional cost. Contact us below to find out more!
I get it, budgets are tight and weddings are not cheap! But the second photographer is an absolute treasure on your wedding day. We work with some of the best, which means we get more ideas, more flexibility, more angles, more security, and way more photos! Having a second photographer means nothing gets missed, but also that there's more time to spend with the bride, groom and their families as they're getting ready for the big day. The second photographers also help keep everything on time and rolling smoothly, since this is the only way the photographer can be in two places at once!
Having a second photographer is a great way to ensure peace of mind — a very precious resource during a busy day with so many moving parts.
As an added bonus when you hire a second photographer, we'll add in an extra pack of Polaroids and two extra rolls of film!
Film is one of our favourite mediums. The results from recording light using silver grains are so unique to the situation that they're almost impossible to replicate digitally! We focus mostly on capturing things digitally, because that's the safest way to record the chaos of the wedding, to ensure everyone is in focus, and so that we can fix the minor details to make your day look as perfect as you've always dreamed it would be.
But we still want that on film. During some of the big moments, we use a Polaroid so you'll be able to bring a bit of that magic home. And when we have a bit of extra time to capture things perfectly, we'll pull out our favourite 35mm camera and capture the images that are most likely to be the favourites in the entire catalogue. It's a balance, and we can't even guarantee anything (there's all kinds of mishaps that can spoil a roll), but damnit, we're going to try our hardest to capture absolutely every moment available on film. During the day, we love using Kodak Portra, Gold, and Ektachrome colour film, and at night, it's all about that Ilford Delta 3200 Black and White.
Of course, if you hire a second shooter, that opens so many doors to shooting and capturing the day on film!
St. Laurent Photography specializes in reportage-style photography and videography. Both of us were trained as journalists and love capturing intimate moments as they happen — meaning we're not going to pose our clients, but we will direct them into the best light, and capture our clients' natural reactions. The best moments are often the ones that happen when everything settles and the camera goes away, which is why we do our best to not be right front and centre, taking the stage with you. While there are times when getting in the way is required, we do our very best to ensure you as well as your family and friends enjoy as much of the day as possible.
We're also very happy to take on shot lists and inspiration from other photographers, but we're always going to through our own spin on it!
We take a lot of our inspiration from classic film stocks and colour grading! As photographers who love shooting and developing their own analog film, we love emulating the look and feel that made film so magical. In every-day terms, we typically edit with a "dark and moody" high-contrast style with rich, warm images and classic grain emulation. When making photo albums, we're obsessed with the look, feel, and quality of an uncoated matte paper stock that gives a unique texture to every image.
Book a meeting with us today to learn more about our experience and to take a look through our prints and albums!
Typically, we should expect to spend about an hour and a half at a park with the bridal party and groomsmen, plus the travel time. While we don't typically need all of this time to get the shots, it's always best to plan for a couple of mishaps and left-behind bouquets.
This is also a chance to rest and get away from the madness for just a short amount of time — and if you plan a bit more than we need it'll give you peace of mind when things take a little longer than expected.
It gets hot out there, so make sure to bring some water and any extra props or drinks you'd like to include in your photos! The more personal, the better :).
Wedding albums are our favourite products! After we deliver the photos to you, we can discuss what type of shots you'd like to preserve in an album. Some people love seeing the chaos, some prefer seeing more of the serene, beautiful moments happening around themselves. We can tailor the album to your needs, and make additional, smaller albums for close family members.
We love making rich matte flat lay style albums that show off your photos like the gorgeous artwork they are, but we're also open to other options, such as leather-bound prints, glossy paper stocks, crystal lining, and everything in between.
Couples photography packages start at $300 for a 1-hour session on the island of Montreal. These photo shoots are light-hearted, and a fun way to celebrate your love! You'll take home four Polaroid photos from the shoot, and will receive 30+ digital photos within two to four weeks to use however you want!
We can also help print and frame large-format photos, design holiday/special occasion cards, or photo albums from our sessions.
While we specialize in weddings, we also do corporate photography/videography, family, maternity, headshots, events, promotional videos, interviews, documentation, and more!
Contact us to find out how we can help!
Je suis désolé, mais bien que je pratique mon français tous les jours, je ne parle pas encore couramment.
Heck yeah we do!
- The cheapest way to Europe is always through Paris! From there, you can fly a discount airline like Ryanair for like, $60 each (+ additional costs for bags and stuff) or take the train pretty much anywhere. Check Google Flights to see the best days and times to fly side by side!
- Keep the corsage away until the very last minute — those things can die super quick.
- Make sure the best man knows how to untie the knot you're using to hold the rings before the wedding, otherwise it can take an agonizing and awkward amount of minutes to get those things ready for you.
- Sulah knows her stuff when it comes to makeup! She's got a killer personality and has a ton of experience with the products and styles that will work best for your skin!
- If you want some extra Polaroids taken at your wedding, just ask which camera I'm using that day (almost always a Spectra, sometimes an SX-70), and you can purchase a pack or two for me. Otherwise, I can totally add on a couple packs for a bit extra.
- When in doubt, bring snacks
- Sometimes, my wedding and engagement photoshoot packages go on sale! Spring and winter weddings are typically 15% off the regular price.
- If the reception space doesn't allow you to bring your own food, always try their options before putting down a deposit on a space!
- I'm a sucker for nature, so if you've got some sweet spot you've been eyeing up in a national park, I might just waive some of the additional travel fees 😉
- If you have a dog, I want to meet them! There's nothing better than adding a furry little buddy to a photoshoot.
- If you're ever headed to the Rocky Mountains in Alberta, take this map of some of the best views and beers you can get (I can also make one of these for British Columbia if you're headed that way, too)
- If you want your photo taken without your glasses, make sure they're taken off at least 10 minutes before the photo is taken, that way the red marks around your nose will go back to their natural colour.
- Let us know the stories behind some of the pieces you include in your wedding outfit, and we'll make sure to capture them in a way that really shows the pieces that mean something to you!