A timeless re-telling of your wedding story
It's not just the story, but how it's told. St. Laurent Photography specializes in timeless, reportage-style wedding photography, helping capture the real story as it unfolds in our feature-worthy cinematic fashion. We don't or use awkward poses or trendy gimmicks, but instead, we take the time to direct clients so we can capture the raw emotion, the instagrammable celebration, and the pure intimacy present throughout the day.
Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, we specialize in photography using both film and digital mediums to tell the true, beautiful story of your day. Contact us to set up a free consultation about our wedding and engagement photography packages.
Daren Zomerman, wedding photographer
Photography has been my passion over the last ten years. I picked up a camera for the first time as a journalism student, where I learned photography through competing for the coveted front cover of the student newspaper. Those moments where I came back with the shot were among the most exciting of my life. From there, I forayed into photographing mountains and events, until I found my true passion, photographing couples.
Simple things, like getting the groom to make the bride crack up so hard she can't contain her smile, making gifs from unique moments, and capturing all the little details of the day fills my soul with joy. Photography is so much fun for me, that I'll get into the craziest position, huddled into a corner at the reception just to capture that perfect moment when the bride's dad sheds a tear, and I will have the biggest smile on my face the entire wedding. Waking up the next day with a couple of wedding favours and an SD card filled to the brim with beautiful memories makes all of the hard work feel light. This is my what I love doing most, and I couldn't be happier to help.
Here's what our customers are saying
The engagement photoshoot is the perfect opportunity for us to learn a bit more about each other before the wedding day! In my experience, these small photoshoots help us to get to know how we work together to create beautiful photographs. Within one month, you'll also have 30 photos that we use to create a custom slideshow for the wedding reception, for wedding invitations, or just to brag about how good your fiance looks when he cleans up 😉
The free engagement photoshoot includes one location in the Greater Vancouver area (our favourite spots are in Stanley Park, Bute street and Robson, or Lynn Canyon) and two outfits, but we can always travel a little bit further for an additional cost. Contact us below to find out more!
St. Laurent Photography specializes in reportage-style photography. I learned photography through journalism, and love the candid photo opportunities that happen when out of the way. This means I'm not about directly posing brides and grooms, but I'll direct you into the best light, give you some actions to do, and capture your natural reactions. This approach has been instrumental in getting authentic reactions
And during the reception and the ceremony, I'm going to do everything I can to make sure I'm not a distraction for your loved ones in the audience. The best moments are often the ones that happen when everything settles down and the camera goes away, which is why I do my best to not be right front and centre. While there are times when getting in the way is required, I do my very best to ensure you as well as your family and friends enjoy as much of the day as possible.
I'm also happy to take on shot lists and inspiration from other photographers if requested, but I'm always going to put my own spin on it.
Engagement photography packages start at $150 for a 1-2 hour session in the greater Vancouver area. These photoshoots are a light-hearted and fun way to celebrate your love! Every couple goes home with 30+ photos from the shoot, a custom gif, and has access to an online gallery for six months. But the best part is, everyone who books an engagement photoshoot will receive a $150 future credit on any wedding or elopement package!
We can also help print and frame large-format photos, design holiday/special occasion cards, or photo albums from our sessions.
Want an idea of how these shoots look? Click over to my galleries to see some examples of earlier engagement photoshoots
For mid to large weddings, a second shoot is one of the most valuable resources we've got. Not only do they snag some extra photos, but they make the entire day go smoother. They help direct, watch the time, set up lighting, bring in new ideas, take photos of guests that the primary doesn't have time to photograph, help manage time so we can both eat a proper meal, and they ensure that there's time to capture both the bride and groom's getting ready scenes.
This one little upgrade makes an entire world of difference! Which is why we always include them in our mid-sized+ packages.
First things first, we'll set up a meeting to talk about your wedding day and the kind of coverage that you'd like. These meetings are super important, as they help us determine what images are going to mean the most to you so we can help you with the schedule to make sure those moments happen.
Next, we plan an engagement photoshoot. Somewhere one or two months after the meeting at your favourite location, and we spent an hour or two coming up with some amazing photos that I'll deliver in 2-4 weeks.
From then, we keep in contact, and schedule a meeting two weeks before the wedding to go over the details, talk about the schedule, and get ready for the big day.
Finally, the wedding day arrives and we can celebrate you, and this entire year filled with hard work and stress to make everything just perfect. Then it's my turn to get to work on delivering the stunning photographs within 2-3 months, plan out albums, make prints, so we can crack a bottle and laugh about all the funny expressions, marvel the gorgeous decorations, your dress, the venue, and all the fun times we had.
Heck yeah we do!
- The cheapest way to Europe is almost always through Paris! From there, you can fly a discount airline like Ryanair for like, $60 each. Check Google Flights to see the best days and times to fly side by side!
- Keep the corsage away until the very last minute — those things can die super quick.
- Make sure the best man knows how to untie the knot you're using to hold the rings before the wedding, otherwise it can take an agonizing and awkward amount of minutes to get those things ready for you.
- If you want some Polaroids taken at your wedding, just ask which camera I'm using that day (almost always a Spectra, sometimes an SX-70), and you can purchase a pack or two for me. Otherwise, I can totally add on a couple packs for a bit extra.
- When in doubt, bring snacks
- Sometimes, my wedding and engagement photoshoot packages go on sale! Spring and winter weddings are typically 15% off the regular price.
- If the reception space doesn't allow you to bring your own food, always try their options before putting down a deposit on a space!
- I'm a sucker for nature, so if you've got some sweet spot you've been eyeing up in a national park, I might just give a discount on additional travel fees 😉
- If you have a dog, I want to meet them! There's nothing better than adding a furry little buddy to a photoshoot.
- If you want your photo taken without your glasses, make sure they're taken off at least 10 minutes before the photo is taken, that way the red marks around your nose will go back to their natural colour.
- Let us know the stories behind some of the pieces you include in your wedding outfit, and we'll make sure to capture them in a way that really shows the pieces that mean something to you!